New York City - South Street Seaport


              Good evening everyone! Well, I must admit, I've focused on this blog with more posts on food than anything else, and feel that I've neglected the other sections of my blog.XD Well, no matter, I will fix that eventually, ha ha.

                Now, how many of you folks heard of South Street Seaport ? For those of you wondering, South Street is in Manhattan, near the Brooklyn Bridge. It's a port designed for tourists and local fairs, so there are many vendors in boutiques lined near the port, as well as a nautical museum. (When I went with my friend that day the museum was closed, but we walked around the whole area.~)

              Of course, there are docked ships near the port, and I think you can take tours of them, as I saw people walking on the decks that day. There are a few restaurants scattered about as well, but my favorite find on our trip was Pier 17. Pier 17, on the outside at least, looks somewhat like a typical boating pier, but inside is a two story mall! Unfortunately, I did not take photos inside of the pier, (but when I go again this summer, I'll try to remember!)

             Based on the website,( the one linked above), it seems many festivals and events go on during the year next to South Street, so if you're heading to New York and want to find a local place that's affordable, go give it a look.~ (Word of advice though, most of the shops in the Mall have affordable prices for food and things, ranging in the 12$ + range, but the vendors, being vendors, can charge any prices they want, so some stalls might sell items for $10- $20,outside, while others might go as high as $50- $200. Just a heads up!) The last few pics are from the balcony of Pier 17.