For the Lolita in Mind - Some Art Books for Inspiration


           So I have to say, my section on alternative fashions, and the one I want to focus on the most,
   Lolita fashion, has been poorly underwritten. I suppose I did put myself in a bit of hot water,
   making a hobbyist blog on everything I liked, instead of doing a semi-normal blog with one or
   two topics, but it doesn't really bother me. That was my intention from the beginning, that when I
   get bored on one subject, I can focus on another that interests me. With that said, since I've been a
   fan of Lolita fashion for some 10 years, (around 2002), but only started wearing it for about
   two years now, topics covering it will not come as often as I'd like, but that's okay! When the time
  comes, I'll be sure to really update that section, but I'll take it one step at a time!

             Now as Christmas season is coming up, I thought what I could do is recommend books
    that I think girls in the fashion will enjoy one way or another. ( Of course anyone who has a liking
    for old-fashioned things, or fantasy/surreal things will probably like it too!) These are coffee-table
    books, so the majority isn't even about reading; it's to enjoy the photos.
               
              I'm recommending three books here, one being Teddy's World, a photo book on antique
    teddy bears, Magic Land of Toys, a photo book covering antique and modern toys, and
   The Fantasy World of Josephine Wall, covering art from the surreal/ fantasy artist. I do
    recommend these not just for fans of Lolita fashion, but for anyone who has a liking for
    old-fashioned things!