Mocha Mocha Coffee - Brooklyn, New York (A.K.A Finding Macarons in Brooklyn)


          This past summer, while in New York, I had a big craving for crepes, which I partially blame
   on marthoning Creamy Mami episodes. ;p Having a huge craving, I dug around any bakery or
   shop that said they sold them, and went to Mocha Mocha Coffee. Now Mocha Mocha seems
   rather new; it's only been around a few years, and it was my first time trying their food. Their
   crepes were definitely yummy; I had one with strawberries and chocolate. While I was ordering,
  something else caught my eye; they had macarons! As far as I know, this is one of the few bakeries
   in Brooklyn to carry them, and of course I bought some too. Now to get back to the crepes really
   quick; it vaguely reminded me of the crepes sold at IHOP, in that it used preserved fruits with
   syrup. The macarons tasted good, but they were crunchier than I expected them to be; most
   macarons are a soft confection with a very light crunch that melts in your mouth. These were
   pretty crunchy, almost like a regular cookie, but the flavoring was good. But even though they
   didn't taste exactly like how I expected, I was so happy to find a shop nearby, as I always had to
   get them from Manhattan. (Their site isn't working, that's why the link is Yelp.)