Arts and Crafts Post! How to Make a Fake Flower Wreath



            Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for easy to make flower wreaths, and although
     one could argue that you can simply buy a pre-made one, or that they're fairly easy to make from
     the get-go, many people, like me, want something simple and not so time consuming. A normal
     wreath, regardless of size, needs many knots and twine, or knowing how to carefully braid the
     branches of the flowers in a circular way. I wanted to have a pastel wreath, which is almost
     impossible to find at this time of the year, so after much searching around, I found the perfect
     way to make a simple make-shift flower wreath. I found all the supplies at Hobby Lobby ,and
     the whole thing will take about 15 minutes to make, if not less.

             First, I wanted a handheld size wreath for room decor in my bedroom, so the pre-made
    wreaths and the regular wreath bases sold didn't cut it for me. I found what I wanted with an
    unorthodox method; I used a wedding band that they sold, originally intended to put the veil
    on the bride's head. Next, near the bridal section, small flowers were sold; the type you can use
    for hair corsages or party favors, and have bendable twine attached to them. Finally, I bought two
    butterflies from the outdoor decor section; (I think these are for indoor crafts though; most of
    the materials were delicate.)
             
         The band is fairly thin, so when I got the flowers I wanted, I twisted them around the
     band fairly easily, and sometimes on top of each other, until I got the look I desired. The
     butterflies were attached around the very end; I had a hard time keeping them in place so
     I had to criss- cross around the shape in order to tighten it, (you can see it better in the photos.)
     I was pretty satisfied with the end result, so now I have something cute hanging in my room. ~