A Small Review on Calpis/Calpico


                             
                      Calpis is a popular beverage in Japan that is made with dry milk, lactic acid, and
        water, and has a special taste that is a little tangy and sweet. When brought over to the
        United States, the name was slightly changed to CalpicoPeople speculate it was because
        the original name sounds similar to "cow piss." (Yes, I just got the easiest links found on the
        wiki page. :p)

                     Now, I have yet to try the original flavor, (might update this page if I do), but I
          have tried the lychee flavor one, which I adore. (Might have to also do with the fact I
          like lychee anything, but I digress.) You can taste the lychee in the drink, but I haven't
          the faintest idea if it's artificial or actual flavors.~ The end process tastes like a fruit
          drink , and it's because it's so watery that I don't want to call it a "yogurt drink" exactly,
           because it doesn't really taste like a yogurt drink. (Even if they use fermented milk.)

                   If you like sweet and tangy drinks that remind you of candy, go give this drink a
         look. Most Asian shops, (not just Japanese ones), sell this in Manhattan or Brooklyn,
         and probably elsewhere if you look around. If you have milk allergies, best not to try it
         though.~ ^^