A.W. Lin's Asian Cuisine - Little Rock, Arkansas


        So a few weeks ago, my brother and I were hungry and we looked around town to find a new place to eat. I remembered hearing that a new place opened at The Promenade. It was a mixed Asian restaurant, called A.W. Lin's. Apparently it's part of Fulins Asian Cuisine, but had a name change to not confuse customers with a locally owned restaurant, according to this article. Well, the cuisine was mixed dishes from several countries, and was more of a general Asian restaurant than any specific cuisine. The place looked very neat and tidy, and the interior decor gave it an elegant appearance. The dish I got is actually a little confusing, because I thought I got the Pad Thai Rice Noodles, but it very well could have been the Coconut Shrimp with Honey Walnuts. The only reason I think it was the first, and not the latter, is because I don't usually go spend $18, (or more), on a dish, unless I feel it was a really fancy establishment that was worth it. (Well, I made my brother pay that day, but I'm pretty sure I didn't make him pay that much for food.)

        Whatever the dish was, it was really, really sweet. (And this is coming from someone with a large sweet tooth!) I liked it but I couldn't eat it all, and had to take it to go. I also bought fried ice cream, and that tasted pretty good, and helped my stomach some, since I got bloated from the lunch. The overall place was nice, and that dish wasn't too bad, but next time I might have to try something else. (Also, excuse the photo of the dessert; it was presented nicely, but I took the photo after mushing the dessert up.)