Ramune Soda - Japanese Carbonated Soft Drink


      I wanted to update some new snacks I was trying, since the snacks are the only photos I have left, before I update to bigger things. It took me a while to find the soda brand, since the name of it was in Japanese, not in English, but the drink I tried is called Ramune soda. It's a carbonated soft drink that comes in several different flavors, and it got its name from a loose spoken version of lemonade. From what I heard, the original flavor was a lemonade type flavor, and it might be the most popular type of it. I had a hard time finding the companies responsible for it, because even though they're listed in the below photo on back, not all of them had Ramune listed on their site. Daiei Trading has something to do with it, (but it's not listed), and CTC Food International doesn't seem to have a website currently. It seems Sangaria is responsible for selling it in Japan, and a company called Kimura Drink has it listed. Anyways, the amusing thing about this soda is when you turn it, a marble is lodged, and comes down in the bottle when you twist the cap. I heard some versions of the drink is easy to get the marble out, but for most varieties, it's very difficult to the marble unless you smash it, or use an idea from one of the various people on YouTube trying to get it out. :p The litchi flavor was not as sweet as other carbonated drinks I had, and it tasted more like a light carbonated juice than soda, but I still liked it. I think these are fairly easy to find in Asian grocery marts, as I saw them in New York and in some shops in Arkansas.