New York City - The Metropolitan Museum of Art Pt.1

         
                    Hey everyone! Today I'm going to finally blog about a place that isn't food related.XD
 When I went to college in New York, I took an Art's History class, and for an assignment had to  go to the the Metropolitan Museum of Art . (Which everyone call the Met.) I remember going there twice, but the photos posted will be on my first visit, which was around early 2010.

                 The Met is huge, and has a lot of expensive art work, but they allow photos in most areas, as long as the flash is off. (They'll have signs, for exhibits that can't be photographed.) There are two food places in the Museum, one is near a balcony around the top floors and is more expensive. The other one is a public cafeteria place, but as it's in the museum, prices are going to be higher than usual for average food. (The location of the museum doesn't help much either, as you have to walk a bit outside before you come to any food area.)

                 Outside the museum you will find vendors sometimes selling art related things. Some might try to sell posters, others will sell interesting items like scripts of popular movies, or offer to paint something for you. But to me, the most fascinating items are inside the museum. From every era, since man was known to create art, the museum has all those items. For me at least, I like the fact knowing I'm seeing the actual paintings and sculptors shown from textbooks, and not replica works. (For the most part!)

               I'm not an art expert by any means, but I do love art, and even though I don't know specific names for some pieces, and I can say what sections I visited. I saw ancient Mesopotamian and Ancient Greek/Roman art, some Native art, more modern day art, (like Andy Warhol), Eastern Asian Art, late European Art, and Ancient Egyptian Art. Art fans who know their stuff should have fun naming what I saw. (And it would help me, because I forget names rather easily!)