Little Rock, Arkansas - Shorty Small's

          Good evening folks! Today I'm going to write about a much neglected restaurant, and I say neglected because I've been to it many times over the years, and haven't done a blog post on it yet. XD This place is definitely on the quirky list of restaurants I've been to, both in decor, atmosphere, and in the menu, ha ha.

       Shorty Small's is a southern chain restaurant with locations in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas.One of their big menu items is their ribs, but they also sell hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, seafood, pasta, chicken items, and barbecue and steak. Before I was familiar with it though, everyone I knew would recommend the ribs to me, and they are pretty good; so give those a try if you ever visit.

      Now let me try to explain the place. It looks like an old southern bar, a shanty, and decayed vintage diner, all in one. The place is made out of wood, and inside you will see a small waiting bench and an upstairs floor that I've never seen used. The place has old fashioned photos all around, and strange taxidermy pieces, like a creepy boar one with horns at one end of the diner. They have a mini-arcade on another area, with some old games, and the ceiling is filled with marked cards stuck here and there, (I'm told it's from magicians who performed at the place.)

            The tables are covered in a wrapping that has antique ads all over it. The menu in the establishment is already laid on all the tables to the side, in a newspaper. You heard me right, the food menu is a newspaper, with a section dedicated to the history of the establishment, and a bunch of realistic looking ads scattered about. The actual menu is usually in the second page of the newspaper, while the other stuff will get kinda of random. XD One thing to note is that you will have different scenery to look at depending on where you're sitting, so you won't get bored going there multiple times.~

             The day I took photos, I ordered one of their sandwiches, the Honey Mustard Chicken Club, which tasted awesome, but was so huge! It was served on burger bread, so I guess regardless if it's a sandwich or burger, it will be on burger/patty bread. The Honey Mustard came on the side, and you can ask for any extra condiment on the side, so I asked to place some grilled onions too. I don't have photos of the desserts I had there, since it was before I even considered making a blog, but they're usually fun food/carnival type desserts. I had their Deep Fried Twinkies, which are good, but I got full after a few bites cause they were pretty rich and a tad heavy. A long time ago, I had their Chocolate Chip Brownie Sundae, which was great and was lighter than their Twinkies, but it was huge too! It's a good idea to have a person or two with you if you want to order this, cause I know at least I couldn't finish it all. XD In any case, if you want to try something with an old and quirky Southern atmosphere, give Shorty Small's a go.~

                                                                         
                                                                             
                                                                               
                                                                                 
                                                                                 
                                                                                 
                                                                                   
                                                                                
                                                     The white cards on the ceiling.~