Make Meaning- A craft shop in the heart of New York City


             Hey everyone! Today I'm going to talk about what I now consider, the best accident I
       ever found! I went with my friend this past summer to Alice Tea Cup Ch.3, (which I'll get
       around to reviewing eventually...), and while we were leaving, we walked around the
       neighborhood unto the subway station, when we stumbled upon this. We saw it was really
       colorful, and after some convincing, I followed my friend into what I think is a great find!
       That day we had to leave, but we came another day shortly after, and got the opportunity
       to make items.~ Now, before I continue, Make Meaning is not another craft shop that lets
      you paint dishes and they glaze it. They do have that, but they have so much more as well!

            For most of their projects they offer lessons, or you can do it yourself. They offer paper
     crafts, for scrapbooks and boxes,they have a candle and soap area, where you can make
     a quirky candle or soap and put little toys or miniatures to decorate the soap, they have icing
     classes, where you can buy a cake and decorate it however you want. They also have a
      jewelry making section, a glass works section, where you can make jewelry pieces or vases,
      and the glazed porcelain with dishes and things like little banks. When they glaze they
      give you two options; they take out glaze requires a few hours and you can take it on the
     same day; only the texture is different and you can't eat from it if it's a dish. The other
     glaze will take a little more time, about four days, but you can eat from those ceramics, and
     it will be more glossy.

            As for me, we were a little rushed on the day we came, (they were closing early), so I
     decided on making a candle. The candle came out like a little mosaic, where I chose little
     wax cubes that was placed in a metal box, and I placed them on top of another. I chose little
     wax figures to place on top of the candle, and then a scent for the candle.~ (I forgot what
     scent it was; something sweet.) Candles take about half an hour, but I looked around with my
     friend and her friend until it was ready. I'm planning on going here again; it was a really fun
     time and I recommend it to anyone who's a craft person!